Monday, March 11, 2013

Head to a Goodwill Donation Station!



Check out this great shot I got of the Westport store and you'll see the donation station on the left where I dropped everything off



Well I don't know about you, but with the weather being the way it has been I have spent TONS of time inside my house.  And you know what happens when I spend a lot of time in my home?  I CLEAN!  I have been going CRAZY and gathered several boxes of random things like cooking utensils and small appliances my family doesn't use.  And of course I've found the typical things like clothing as well.  We always have clothes that no longer fit.  That's what happens when you have children!  They seem to outgrow the size long before the clothes begin to wear away.

So this last weekend I decided to make a trip to my Goodwill donation station in Westport.  One of the great things about the store donation stations is that no matter how crummy it is outside, the donation station is covered.  I love that!  It makes it so easy.  Oh, almost forgot the best part, they have attendants who come out to your car and take your donations out of your car for you.  Big thanks to the crew who helped me with the four boxes I brought.  Took all of 40 seconds and I was gone, didn't even have to get out of my car.

What's the point to this entry?  If you've been cooped up, get productive and make a dent in the items you have begun to accumulate.  And do the right thing of course, so once you've gathered it up bring it to a non-profit like Goodwill.  These guys know how to make things easy!  And everything goes right back into the community, Goodwill is awesome that way.  You'll feel great seeing the extra room in your home and knowing your helping people with your donation.  What are you waiting for?  Get going!

Want to find your nearest donation station? Simply go to www.donategoodwill.org